Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Get Over Yourself

By Brigette M. Britton

Imagine waking up every single day HAPPY! Can this be possible? I guess that would depend on what YOU consider "Being Happy" means. Speaking for myself, there are so many things that make me happy. The most important one is being in a good place within myself, which for me starts with having total faith in myself,
and in God.

I am not by any means a religious person but I definitely believe in God! Anytime someone asks me what I think God represents or means the first thing that comes to mind is LOVE, GOD IS LOVE! Think about it, if God wasn’t pure unconditional love first, most of us would not be here right now.

So, in light of this fact, Get Over Yourself! I mean if God loves us no matter what, why in the world are we not happy?! Not to mention us loving ourselves, which makes two great loves in our lives and we are just getting started!

OK, so now let’s start with some of our friends, all I ever hear from many of my friends is what they are not getting! Hello! How about what are they giving? To have a great friend don’t you agree that it starts by being a great friend first? I strongly suggest Getting over yourselves again!

Instead of "Give me!" How about, "What can I Give you?"

Where did I start "Getting Over Myself" you must be wondering? Here goes, it took me a long time to get to this "Being Happy" place I am now.

It wasn’t until I truly accepted everything about myself in other words "GOT OVER MYSELF". You know the little pity parties about how life isn’t fair and I’m such a good person blah, blah, blah! All that is considered normal, standard behavior but does it really work?

Getting over one’s self starts with first having the desire to change, then accepting the change and last, not attaching yourself to it. We all have our personal skeletons and excess baggage hiding in some closet, and only when we are sick and tired of the bulls… will we then make the effort and find the desire and passion within ourselves to change.

So, instead of waking up every day dreading or avoiding your lives, how about being grateful for your health, thankful for the love of GOD, our families and friends, grateful and thankful for every breath we take, and in constant awe of the beauty of life that envelopes us.

A great way to start your day would be to make a list of all the great things you have done in your life, then pat yourself on the back for all those great things. Now, make another list of things you know you can do. Last a list of things you wish you could do.

Now it’s time to start the one thing you really wish you could do. Enter this one thing at the top of your new list and put all the passion and desire you have in you into this wish and observe the birth of a miracle created by you!

Always remember to stay focused in your moment-to-moment steps leading towards the development of your personal miracle. Believe it or not by being in the moment-to-moment experiences in your own life you walk hand in hand with God because now YOU are the CO-CREATOR of your life.

In summary, do you believe in your heart that you deserve to be happy all the time? If you don’t, then why not start now?! Forget all the old voices in your head that say, "You haven’t suffered enough". Or "You haven’t paid your dues." Or, "Who do you think you are to always wanting to be happy?"

There is an old expression, which goes like this "What you think of me is none of my business!" Actually, if I remember correctly, there is a book titled that too and it’s pretty funny. Anyway, it doesn’t get any clearer than that. So, now you all can get over yourselves by just having faith, passion and desire in your hearts as your leaders instead of those old, suppressing voices you hear in your heads that can only exist if you allow them to!

Make a daily, conscious effort to send blessings, love and light to all those around you particularly when they hurt and or annoy you. Try to keep in mind that they too are sometimes lost souls searching for love and acceptance in their lives but don’t have the right tools to guide them.

This doesn’t mean you have to hang out with these people, it simply means maybe you can make a small effort to be kind to them when and if they happen to cross your path. I can promise you from personal experience that you will feel a whole lot better about yourself for it.

As you can see, I too am still on my own journey, and from my mouth to God’s ears will continue this journey in this life and the next! Aren’t we all here to learn and to teach? What fun would it be, if we had nothing to learn and nothing to teach? You got it, no fun at all! So, if we can all make a small effort every day to change something that doesn’t work to something that does before we know it we will all be "Living and Eating in Balance for Life, The MEGA Way."

© Brigette M. Britton and The Mega Way

Resource Box:
Brigette Malaaya Britton, author, holistic nutritionist, and organic gourmet chef, is on a mission is to spread awareness in conscious eating thru cooking and healing. For more information, visit Brigitte's site at www.TheMegaWay.com/.

No comments: