Monday, October 6, 2008

Commit to Change your Thoughts

by Brigette Malaaya Britton

An important step towards achieving an overall state of balance in life is making and keeping personal commitments. You will need to reach a point in your life where whatever you are doing and thinking is not really working and you have reached your limit in allowing the self-sabotaging patterns constantly repeating themselves.

Just realizing and admitting this is the first step, now it’s time to take charge and consciously choose your moment-to-moment thoughts, which lead to your moment-to-moment actions. First, pay attention to each thought as it comes, and why you have each particular thought positive or negative as they both matter equally.

Once you understand why you have and created each thought, you can recreate it to a more positive and empowering one. So, in essence you are now making a
conscious commitment by taking charge of each and every thought even if it means doing this over and over and over again.

Remember that it has taken you a long time to develop bad habits, thoughts and actions so be patient with yourself as it may take a little time to change them.

This is an example of your old, useless thoughts: “There is no way I could ever be great at anything”! Now, replace it with “I can be and I am great at anything and everything I choose to be” or “Everyone says I’m slow and stupid, so why should I bother”? Replace this with “It doesn’t matter what anyone thinks but me, and I know I can do anything I put my mind and heart to”!

It really is that easy and you will be amazed that just by committing to change your daily negative thoughts to consciously positive ones your reality will also become positive and empowering.

The more you consciously practice changing your negative thoughts and actions to positive self-empowering thoughts and actions, the more positive and empowering things will start happening to you on a regular basis! Your life will become a series of wonderful events with inspiring, loving people more often then not.

When I wake up every morning, I usually have happy, light and loving thoughts and feelings about everything. I mean I have the jingle “Rice-a-Roni, the San Francisco treat” in my head. Can you imagine that? Unfortunately those thoughts and feelings don’t last for long because the old negative ones somehow sneak their way right back in and I literally have to replace them sometimes 20 to 30 times each with a positive, loving thought and feeling. So, as you can see, it takes daily work! (But it is definitely worth it!) Being grateful and thankful is also key!

I have also noticed that when I am surrounded by negative, needy, selfish, and self-absorbed people, things get even worse. (No judgment here as I too have been those things, which is how I know they don’t work.) So, it is instrumental to surround yourself with people that are in a good, loving and happy place, which may mean temporarily letting go of some very near and dear friends. (At least for a little while.) When you reach a really good place within yourself, you are no longer affected by anything outside of you!

I know that temporarily letting go of dear ones may sound a little cold, but I can assure you that if these dear ones are not empowering and loving towards you then they aren’t so DEAR are they?! It’s like deciding to finally quit smoking and then spending your time with smokers. It’s almost like setting yourself up to fail in advance! What’s up with that? How can any of us make a difference for anyone else if we don’t first make a difference in ourselves?

Keep in mind that unfortunately most people will not be there to support your personal quest towards “The MEGA Way Program” of Living and Eating in Balance not because they don’t want to, but because they just don’t know how to! Ultimately, it is better to keep this journey to yourself and wish in your heart and soul the best for those around you. Only by owning the grand human spirit that you are, will others follow and bask in your light and love.

I still to this day battle with being in the moment and having moment–to-moment conscious, positive thoughts. Probably because I as you am a creature of old habits, but I can assure you all, that just by making one little effort at a time, it will change your lives as you know it.

Now, I am the creator of my life most of the time. I am working daily on being more and more in charge of my life. The journey is what makes it all worthwhile. Try to enjoy every moment in all that you do and forgive yourself for all that you think you aren’t doing. It’s all in your head, no more no less. Also, keep in mind that ultimately, you too are The Creators of your lives!

© Brigette M. Britton and The Mega Way

Resource Box:

Brigette Malaaya Britton, author, holistic nutritionist, and organic gourmet chef, is on a mission is to spread awareness in conscious eating thru cooking and healing. For more information, visit Brigitte's site at www.TheMegaWay.com/.

No comments: